Back to Main Page
- The Royal Sands, villa I5025
BLVD. Kukulcan KM 13.5 No. 32 Seccion A Segunda Etapa, Zona Hotelera Cancun, Q.Roo 77500 Phone From US: 01152 (998) 881-0100
Get reservations at Peter's (Cancun) and Oh Lala (Playa) days before you go, they're small and fill up fast.
What to take
- scissors, cocktail shaker, rubber bands, foil, baggies, saran wrap, wire whisk, kitchen sponge.
Good idea to bring your own pillow.
For Mexican Coffee
- French press, fine sieve, cinnamon sticks.
- Lorca Malbec Poetico (2007) (at Puerto Madero, but gone now)
- El Conquistador - Reviews - excellent dining at the Royal Islander (km 16.5)
- Elefanta - Reviews - good Indian cuisine (km 12.5)
- Puerto Madero - Reviews - epic Chilean seabass, nice Malbecs (km 14)
- Hanaishi - Reviews - fantastic sushi in Plaza Caracol (km 8.5)
- Irori - Reviews - great sushi in downtown
- Thai Lounge - Reviews - La Isla (km 12.5)
- Cenacolo - Reviews - nice Italian restaurant hand made pasta excellent (moved to km 12.5) loved the shrimp fettucini, quality la sagne, sausage ravioli. outside seating on the lagoon available
- El Fish Fritanga - Reviews - Hidden gem - Great spicy fritangas, ceviche - lunchtime atmosphere - beach under palm trees (km 12.5)
- Harry's - Reviews - excellent steakhouse (km 14.5)
- Peter's Restaurante - Reviews - very friendly, excellent food (downtown) - epic hot Fois Gras, superb Tamarind Ribs, save room for dessert!!
- Hiromi - Reviews - first rate sushi! (km 2)
- Rosa Negra - Reviews - creative dishes, fab desserts (esp chocolate orb!) (km 15)
- Porfirios - Reviews - first rate Mexican, mariachi supreme! (km 14)
- Taboo - Reviews (new 2020) - Excellent shrimp, service very good and surprise fireworks at 10PM Walking distance -- across the street from The Royal Sands
- Ilios - Reviews (new 2021) - Greek cuisine, huge show at 8:30, great fun! Across street from Royal Sands
- Other Nick Picks
- La Habichuela - Reviews - was ok, moved and looks better (downtown)
- Fred's House - fish/steak - get a booth * 2015 disappointing menu, service still excellent, good ceviche, don't order grouper for two(km 14.5)
- Fantino - at the Ritz Carlton - Reviews - tasting menu plus wine pairings - expensive - used to be excellent, but stuffy and boring now (km 14.5)
- La Madonna - Swiss Fondue at La Isla (closed 2018)
- Savio's Bistro - excellent Italian fish house, by Freds (closed 2016)
- La Destileria - Reviews - great tequila, fine Mexican food (km 12.6) (closed 2021)
- Tempo - at Paradisus - Reviews - Fantastic multi-couse 3-star Michelin Basque restaurant (waiter Florenzio always remembers us) (km 16.5) (closed 2019)
- Du Mexique - Reviews - first rate French cuisine, Best Duck Ever! (downtown, book for after 8pm) (closed 2020)
Playa del Carmen
- The Royal Hacienda, villa B106
Mza. 70 Lt. 2 Carr. Chetumal-Puerto Juárez Km289+10, Centro Playa del Carmen Solidaridad Q. Roo. 77710 Phone From US: 01152 (984) 206-3110
- Aldea Corazon - Reviews gorgeous cenote/garden, Mexican/Mayan food, friendly service good chicken mole (5th and 14th Norte.)
- Oh Lala! - Reviews - EPIC, no theme, just excellent food. Get reservations days before (14th norte between 10th&15th)
- Dirty Martini - Reviews -Great martinis Mango, Cucumber, Chocolate, Key Lime (the best) - 1st between 8th&10th norte. nice staff and fun place.
- Plank - Reviews - Superb drinks, service and food outstanding. New 2014 . Connected to Imprevist. Scallop starter, salmon main excellent. Beef Wellington just ok. bet. 5th Ave and 1st on calle 16 norte).
- La Bedega del Medio - Reviews - Cuban, when the music's on, be there!
- La Famiglia - Reviews - spectacular Italian, try the lasagna, scaloppini and Italian sangiovesse!
- Madre Tierra - good service, used to have excellent food, bit ordinary in 2017 (5th & 14th norte)
- Imprevist - Reviews Mediterranean/Asian Fusion, quiet street. Was excellent, but now just basic menu (1st & 14th norte)
- Curry Omm - Was very tasty UK style Indian (10th south end) (Closed Jan 2020)
- El Bistro at Ziggy Beach - fun beach bistro, fish + passion fruit cevice, coconut shrimp and cocktails
- Mezzanine - Thai great food, beautiful location.